Trade shows with a great number of visitors attending provide a large pool of potential leads. These are important for everything from research to networking and finally to the brand expansion.
Shows are a great way for companies and organizations stay ahead of the competition.
But what challenges in the conventional trade shows affect the new generation of commerce?
The Pandemic impact – The unprecedented year of the 2020 pandemic is the major challenge as it has continued to create havoc in the economic forum. It has decimated the functioning of exhibitions, trade shows, and conferences to a large extent.
Limited and expensive floor space – Exposing at tradeshows can be expensive. These costs include basic expenses like banner stands and travel expenses, as well as managing logistics for the event.
With limited floor space, only one or two products could be displayed handicapping the opportunity to exhibit more products.
Involvement of engineers – As the products at the expo will require assembling and disassembling, the presence of engineers would be a mandatory requirement. This could be an added expense.
Highly competitive – It is hard to get your message across at a trade fair with so many competing companies. Following up with prospects becomes difficult as they receive business cards from many other similar products/services.
Trade shows do amp up the ROI of the business but using it effectively is what can make that magic work.
So how does the virtual trade show become the new normal to help the business render an immersive experience for their onlookers?
Let’s read up on it deeper.
The trade shows in Extended Reality
XR can change the world of events. It is the most effective way to interact with potential customers. The new-age customers seek new experiences that evoke genuine emotions and realistic scenarios.
It gives the customer a reason to interact with your product/service. They also experience the benefits.
The umbrella term XR covers all the Virtual Reality, Augmented reality, and other immersive technologies that can merge the physical and virtual worlds.
A study by Pages Report, states that the extended Reality market is most expected to grow from USD 33 billion in 2021 to USD 125.3 billion by 2026, at a CAGR of 30.6%.
The technology largely helps in implementing creative ways to showcase products, services, and augment user engagement and comprehension.
So how do these virtual trade shows help gain an edge over the usual set-up of conventional exposition?
Exhibit right at your prospect’s office
- Without the complexity involved in a conventional set up of fairs, a virtual trade show can take the product/service directly to the prospect’s office space.
- This saves a lot of time and can help the client comprehend and explore the product in depth.
Transform the conventional Trade shows with XR
- Even with limited space, key product samples and their environment can be perceived through various devices including Virtual Reality headsets or helmets.
- This VR-generated simulation VR transports users into an artificial world, where they can interact with elements that are not available in fixed video content.
- There is no explicit requirement of technical engineers for assembling any products physically, thus saving the expenses.
- product visualization, immersive Virtual Showroom, realistic product breakdown, an interactive Product, and other technologies will help to increase brand outreach
- Any enquiry on the product/service can be directly addressed by the concerned technical expert or the representative of the company, thus reducing the sales cycle to a large extent.
Perfect comprehension of products/services through Desktop setup
- XR web, transforms the web to a secure and encrypted 3-D space that can be used for products and services.
- It is a way to create a basic infrastructure for various applications such as gaming.
- The Virtual/live assistant servicing can help explain product queries right at the spot.
Creating lasting impressions with AR/VR
- With a custom made mobile app, you can digitally pop all your products into the real world. You do not require a separate application to avail the facility. By merely scanning QR codes through the mobile camera, the products come alive.
- You can show a 3-dimensional demo using cardboard (distributable) or industrial headset. The VR content platform allows you to upload existing 3D models and make them accessible from anywhere.
A window of opportunity with Augray
If you are looking beyond just displaying, then Augray’s extended reality technologies can be your right choice.
The user can superimpose the virtual world onto their view of the real environment to get a mixed view. It creates a computer-generated image that can potentially interact with the user’s surroundings, thus providing more information on products.
These technologies can be used to increase brand awareness and product visualization.
The XR, which intelligently resuscitates global economic conditions, is a viable option for a sustainable recovery path from the pandemic.