Remember watching sci-fi movies with real-life images appearing in the middle of the room? While the world went gaga over such sci-fi elements in fiction, technology has evolved since and created what we call the ‘Augmented Reality.’
Augmented Reality superimposes or creates visuals layering a computer-generated (CG) image such as 3D objects, text, animations, video over the real world via a user interface. Today, various segments of the world like gaming, entertainment, the military are using augmented reality.
But do you know why they are using this latest technology? Different segments are focusing on adding AR to improve the innovation and creativity in work.
Another sector where the AR techniques prove beneficial is in classrooms. Do you want to why? We can take you through this piece of work!
Augmented Reality in the Field of Education
AR leveraged in education offers an enhanced learning experience in classrooms. It is proven that Augmented Reality improves a person’s critical thinking ability tenfold. There is a myriad of reasons why converging AR in education can benefit you. Read on to know more about them. The article will also help you in case you want to tech-up the classroom to create an immersive learning experience for your students.
How Augmented Reality Proves Beneficial for Classroom Sessions?
Augmented reality is in popular demand in schools all over the globe. Here are some reasons why:
● Learning complex concepts with immersive visual content gets easier.
● Increased engagement and interest of students
● Language barriers fade away with Augmented Reality due to customization.
● New learners can grasp abstract concepts quicker.
● Science states that audio-visual content helps in increased retention, leading to long-term memory of information.
● Spatial structure and function learning for students to get easier
● They can ideate and create content through Augmented Reality.
● Escape the trouble of field trips when Augmented Reality is at your rescue.
Classroom Accessories: Some AR Essentials to Rely On!
There are ample augmented reality software and hardware options that you can use, and plenty of them are coming up. You can find some top-notch options below, suitable for educators to install in their classroom mobile devices.
● For content generation: Use Augray, a renowned platform that crafts engaging content, provides real-time analytics. It also focuses on real-time analytics development for student’s academic success! They focus on the tagline “Tell me I will forget, show me I will remember!” indicating the benefits of AR.
● For interaction with the virtual world: Microsoft HoloLens, a platform powered by Microsoft, offers fantastic AR handsets with transparent lenses. They also have numerous advanced microphones, HD cameras, light sensors, etc. It tracks body gestures; items, and you can take charge of apps via voice navigation.
● For students, CoSpaces Edu is also a reliable platform.
● To enhance the Math learning experience, use Shapes 3D.s
● To explore artifacts and sites, students can opt for Google Expeditions.
● To make learning fun and interactive with games, use Metaverse.
Strategies to Incorporate AR in Academic World
Incorporating augmented reality can be challenging for people in classroom sessions. Kids may find it strange to adapt to new technologies. However, AR-oriented devices give a better learning experience to students in every aspect.
So, how can you normalize AR in the academic arena? Here are a few ways!
a) As a teacher, you can always use digital puzzle boxes and engage kids with Chromebooks, tablets, etc. to enhance their strength for collaboration, socializing, and responsibilities.
b) Teachers can take students on field trips and add learning sessions with AR-enabled options.
c) VR headsets also can work in synchronization with AR that provides 360-degree views of any area to students.
Is VR a Good Option to Include with AR for Classrooms?
While we learn about the AR potentials in the educational sector, you shouldn’t miss virtual reality. VR is also effective in classroom sessions due to its few benefits:
- It provides mesmerizing visualizations that are impossible in traditional study centers.
- Virtual reality improves engagement among students to learn things innovatively.
- Kids feel connected to a specific topic and learn things faster than ever before!
- VR can be done remotely that makes it affordable and time saving
- All the different types of educational learning can be done through VR
What is the Future of Augmented Reality in a Classroom?
Augmented reality is a piece of technology that effectively motivates educators to revolutionize learning. By 2025, early learners will get the best of augmented reality in their classrooms, which will enhance and improve the quality of their foundation learning.
Augray’s Augmented Reality application gives you a one stop mobile experience that is easily accessible via smartphones today. Augray’s PlayAR gives the kids a hands on combination of AR and VR in the form of exciting games and amazing reward systems. And the CMS makes the technology convenient, too as it can be redesigned based on the user preference
Choose the suitable technology or platform based on the intended augmented reality experience.
Create the 3D models and digital assets required to produce the AR content.
Incorporate the material into the platform of choice, then test it to guarantee appropriate operation.
Install an AR-capable app on your tablet or phone.
Launch the app, then aim the device’s camera at the AR marker or target.
See as the augmented reality content instantly appears on your screen.